AiF Kazan carried it at 10:29 on Wednesday: by decision of the head of the republic, material assistance will be given to all families of the dead and to the injured regardless of their citizenship. The wording is the outlet's characterisation of Rustam Minnikhanov's decision rather than a quotation from him or from anyone else.
The two reports it derives from carry the first half of that sentence and not the second. Business Online at 20:17 and rnews Tatarstan at 20:50, both on 11 August, both have material assistance for the families of the dead and the injured by decision of the rais of the republic, with no citizenship clause attached.
The cabinet decree itself, as reported by RT-online at 16:57 on 10 August, defines recipients by relationship alone: spouse, children, parents, and those who were dependants. It sets no citizenship or residency condition. No decree number has been published anywhere.
So the instrument as reported imposes no citizenship test, and the sentence that says so out loud belongs to one outlet and to no named official. A second channel is owed before it can be quoted as the republic's position.
The payments are moving. Liliya Galimova, press secretary to the head of Tatarstan, said at 14:12 on Wednesday that the first payments for Nizhnekamsk had begun that day. The scale is 2 million roubles per death divided in equal shares, 600,000 for severe or moderate injury, 300,000 for minor. Tatarstan also organised and paid for the repatriation of the bodies.
Tashkent's own payment runs on a different clock and a foreign one. Uzbekistan's migration agency told RIA on Wednesday morning that its own figure will be known only once the Russian investigation into the strike in Tatarstan has ended.
The instrument as reported imposes no citizenship test. The sentence that says so out loud belongs to one outlet.
Counts have settled. 27 people are in hospital, four of them severe and stable; the rise from 25 came from two outpatients being admitted, not from new casualties. 78 sought medical help. The toll stands at 13: a five-year-old girl, nine at the hostel, and three Russian citizens employed by a subcontractor.
Four days on, none of the eight Uzbek dead has been named, in any language, by anyone.
Dushanbe's arithmetic resolves. The Tajik foreign ministry counts four citizens affected: two discharged, one moved out of intensive care, and Ramazanali Basirov, 30, from Sughd, killed. The sequence of nought, then two, then three that the desk logged over three consecutive days was the injured count, and Basirov sits outside it entirely. His body left by special flight on Wednesday evening, due to arrive close to midnight. The TASS line on Tuesday that all foreign nationals' bodies had gone home on special flights was early by a day rather than wrong in the end.
And Tatarstan was under air defence again overnight. Rosaviatsia put temporary restrictions on Bugulma, Kazan and Nizhnekamsk Begishevo at 05:45 Moscow time on Thursday, alongside Samara and Sochi. No target, no damage report, no casualty figure and no reopening notice had been published by the time this pack was built. It is the second such event over Tatarstan in four days. Begishevo serves the Taneco zone.
Taneco has said nothing about its own processing since 10 August. The Investigative Committee has opened a case under the terrorism article. No statement on the foreign deaths has come from the Kremlin; Maria Zakharova on 10 August remains the highest-level Russian voice on them.
