The group draws on several ministries and departments. Its tasks, as the emergencies ministry set them out, are to help the victims, to organise delivery of the remains home by special flight, to move them on to the burial sites and to support the families. Interfax carried the statement at 12:47 Moscow time.
The foreign ministry had set the sequence earlier that morning. The bodies go home once the forensic examination and the necessary official procedures are complete. RIA carried that at 11:24. No date, no aircraft, no answer on who pays.
The government commission announced on Monday sits under deputy prime minister Achilbay Ramatov. He has not been quoted directly in anything published since.
Tajikistan is working a different post. Its consulate-general in Ufa is handling the case of Ramazanali Basirov, 30, the one Tajik killed, and Asia-Plus reported his body is expected in Dushanbe on 13 or 14 August. A source in the Tajik community told Radio Ozodi that Basirov drove a forklift for the Turkish company Yamata, which is building a chemical plant at Nizhnekamsk. The same source said the employer and the Tatarstan authorities had undertaken to cover transport of the body and pay the family compensation. That account rests on one unnamed man and a copy of a work permit.
Nine of the 13 dead were at the workers' hostel in the industrial zone. The fatality reported outside it is a five-year-old girl in a residential block on Shkolny Boulevard.
The medical picture moved on Tuesday, and it moved one way. Alexey Kuznetsov, aide to the Russian health minister, said 25 people remain in hospital in Nizhnekamsk and Naberezhnye Chelny, eight of them in serious condition. On Monday evening the press service of the head of Tatarstan put the serious cases at two. Nobody has reconciled the two figures.
Tajikistan's foreign ministry appears in Tuesday's wires on both sides of its own injured count. TASS reported the ministry saying two Tajiks were hurt, one seriously. Asia-Plus quoted the same ministry saying there are no Tajik citizens among the injured. We are not publishing a number.
Tatarstan approved payments on Monday: 2 million roubles to the family of each person killed, 300,000 to 600,000 roubles for the injured by severity, and a further 1 million roubles with funeral costs for the child's family. No source we read states that foreign families qualify.
On authorship both capitals have held the same line for two days. The Uzbek and Tajik texts published on Tuesday describe a drone attack and stop there. One Uzbek outlet reported Ukraine's claim. Gazeta.uz ran an unsigned column at 10:32 Tashkent time noting that the Ukrainian military said it had struck the refinery, and then declined the framing altogether: Uzbekistan has no need at all to choose between the Russian and the Ukrainian side, its choice is the side of its own citizens.
Uzbekistan has no need at all to choose between the Russian and the Ukrainian side. Its choice is the side of its own citizens.
That is a column, and it is not a government position. It is also the closest thing Tashkent's press has produced to one.
